- 1 What You Need to Know About Far Infrared Mats, And How Often You Can Use One
- 1.0.1 What is Far Infrared (FIR)?
- 1.0.2 Instructions on How to Use A Far Infrared Mat
- 1.0.3 How Often Should an Infrared Mat Be Used?
- 1.0.4 The Healing Benefits of Far Infrared Mats
- 1.0.5 Here is a list of some of the stand out benefits of using a Far Infrared Mat:
- 1.0.6 When Not To Use A Far Infrared Mat
- 1.0.7 Citations
What You Need to Know About Far
Infrared Mats, And How Often You Can Use One
What is Far
Radiation which has a wavelength varying from 15-micrometers to 1-micrometer in the
FIR is not visible to the human eyes as its photons have less energy than that of the visible
A Far Infrared mat is typically the same size as a yoga mat.
These mats are essentially made up of 17 different layers of biotech materials which produce negative ions, far-infrared rays, and a gentle magnetic field.
All these components penetrate deeply into the organs and tissues.
The rays work on warming the body up which induces hypothermia. This triggers the self-healing processes of the body. The science behind this was first produced by NASA, and they were the first that documented the advantages of Far
Yet the rays produced are not only by heat. Some of these mats also use amethyst crystals. These crystals contain powerful piezoelectric properties that allow them to carry negative and positive charge simultaneously.
The amethyst crystals  have superconductive properties, that the Far
The amethyst crystals also produce negative ions which are known for having a positive impact on clarity, mental health, mental energy, and drowsiness. They are also linked to improving allergies, sinus problems, and migraines. With amethyst included in these Far
Instructions on How to Use A Far
To use one of these mats all that is required is to position the mat on either a carpet or hard floor and choose the heat setting. The mat will usually require about 20 minutes to reach the desired heat setting.
While the mat is heating up, many users prepare the space by turning on soothing music or using a diffuser with a blend of relaxing essential oils.
It is also important to have water close by and a towel to wipe away the sweat. It is also advisable to use a towel over the mat or a mylar-blanket for creating a Far Infrared sauna experience.
For a sauna experience, the mat should be on the maximum setting which is usually 78 degrees Celsius or 158 degrees Fahrenheit. This might take up to 40 minutes for the mat to reach the maximum temperature.
How Often Should an
Infrared Mat Be Used?
Once the mat has reached the right temperature, the user should lie on the mat for between 40 minutes to 1 hour. If the user is not yet freely sweating after the first hour, the treatment can be extended by another 30 minutes.
Once the treatment is over, it is advisable to shower in order to wash away the sweat. The Far
In various studies it has been found that FIR can sauna bathing can help user?s body to recover strength and endurance . The study was conducted on 10 healthy males whose body where accustomed to sauna baths.
After the endurance tests were conducted, the test results were verified for normality by applying the Shapiro?Wilk?s test and the results obtained were significant at the p < 0.05 level.
Here is a list of some of the stand out benefits of using a Far
1. They are known to ease body stiffness, and minor joint pains.
2. FIR mat can help improves sleep when linked its linked to pain.
3. Helps to increases blood circulation.
4. Some believes that they increase the oxygen in the tissues caused by an increase in circulation
5. Promotes a restful sleep for people that suffer from occasional sleeplessness
6. The heat generated because of FIR helps promote sense of relaxation in the body.
7. Because of sense of relaxation, your body recovers from fatigue and stress.
8. Studies show that FIR can reduce inflammation  in areas where the heat is applied.
9. Relaxes and soothes
10. Relaxes the muscles where the heat is applied.
11. Relieves muscular pain that is minor.
12. Stimulate immune-system .
13. Studies show that FIR can help in Temporarily relieving pain in the joints linked with arthritis .
14. Relieves muscular pain in the back temporarily
15. Relieves muscle spasms temporarily
16. Relieve strains and sprains
When Not To Use A Far
Individuals that have suffered a serious injury or trauma, should first find out from a doctor whether using heat is safe. In some cases, heat
These mats are also not suitable for people with hemophilia as these mats work on dilating blood vessels, which increases blood flow. The Far
Even though silicone implants will not rupture from heat produced by Far
Certain conditions like erythematosus, Lupus, adrenal suppression, and MS will not respond positively to an increase in core temperatures. It is important to also consult with a doctor before using this type of heat