Last Updated on
Infrared Light Therapy At Home
Infrared light therapy has shown amazing results in treating skin problems and issues. After looking at different research and studies conducted to prove the benefits of these therapies, it is important to include this therapy to your skin care routines. Red/infrared light therapy helps in reversing the harmful effects of too much sunlight. It is not sunlight by itself. However, it is part of the visible light spectrum that looks red. It might look strange that people are putting red/infrared light on their skin to improve the tone of the skin and other issues related to the health of the skin.
Is Sunlight Good or Harmful For the Skin?
We all know that too much exposure to sunlight is not good for the skin. Yes, it is true that UV light can really damage the skin tissues. It not only kills the cells of the skin but also dries out your skin.
However, you can’t fully avoid it as getting enough sunlight is also necessary to avoid causing Vitamin D deficiency.
The deficiency of Vitamin D can cause more health problems which no one would like to face. So, the right balance is very important to take the benefits of sunlight yet avoiding the harmful effects.
Do you know who presented this idea?
Yes, it is NASA! They conducted research and tested it on astronauts. Additionally, some other scientists tested it on children, rats, and soldiers. Now, let’s see the history of red light therapy.
In the 1990s, red light LEDs were utilized as grow lights in the space for plants. The metabolism of plant cells was sped up with the help of these LEDs as these were 10 times brighter than the sun. Some genius people tried to use red light LEDs on human skin in the late 1990s. One big problem with the astronauts was that wounds heal very slowly in space. In this way, it was discovered that red light is good for helping human cells to have faster growth. This ultimately resulted in testing the red light for the treatment of damaged skin, age spots, and wrinkles, etc.
What is it used for?
The cells of skin absorb this red light and their growth is accelerated. Two things make your skin feel and look younger. These are collagen and elastin.
So, basically, these two form quickly which results in a younger skin than ever before. Infrared light treatment regenerates the skin quickly.
That is why it can certainly be said that this therapy is very useful in clearing psoriasis, eczema, and other skin problems. This truly is a great healing approach.
Why Do You Have Your Own Infrared Light Therapy Device At Home?
Deep penetrating infrared light therapy is used by more and more people regularly. People are using these products to get rid of the skin issues and pain quickly as well as naturally, most importantly without any side effects. Having your own infrared light therapy device at home carries many benefits. It is not only fast and cost-effective but also a very convenient way to get rid of the skin problems and joint, muscle, or Neuropathy pain irrespective of the cause.
However, there are so many products in today’s market. These include larger ones, smaller ones, carbon fiber ones, LED ones, and hand-held ones, etc.
How to choose the right one for you?
For your convenience, here is the comparison of different infrared light therapy devices.
It will certainly help you choose the perfect one for you, and save you from time-taking boring research. So this is the time to take a look at some of the best-infrared light therapy home devices.
The pros and cons of every device are also mentioned making it easy for you to decide which one is the best choice for you.
Beurer IL50 Infrared Heat Lamp
Beurer IL50 infrared heat lamp treatment covers an area of 11.8 x 15.7 inches.
That is why it is a perfect choice to use on larger body parts.
How does it deliver heat?
It delivers heat by using carbon fiber. This is the reason why you have to keep a distance of 12 to 24 inches between your body and this device. The wavelength range of this device is from 500nm-2500nm. The shortwave range is 800nm-1400nm and the middle wave range is above 1400nm.
What are the pros and cons?
- Economical and cost-effective
- The company’s reputation is quite high
- The treatment area is fairly large
- The tilt angle is adjustable from 0 to 50 degrees
- It is powerful, strong, and well-built
- Having an exciting feature for an auto shut-off timer
- The control buttons make it very easy to use
- It becomes hard to position the device in certain areas
- The screen of this infrared heat lamp becomes hot
A fair price tag is placed on the Beurer heat lamp. It will always be a good deal if you find a price of less than $60 somewhere.
Deep Tissue Infrared Percussion Massager
If you are looking for something fastest and most effective at home, this is the massager for you. The design is also very comfortable for you to use and it is having everything to get the job done quickly for you.
What are the pros and cons?
- The head is detachable and that makes it a palm-held massager
- It has a speed control function that is highly adjustable
- The velcro strap is also detachable. So, you can use it without a handle if you want.
- 5-year warranty
- Excellent customer service
- The power cord of length up to 6.5 ft
- Last but not least, the fair price tag
- Some people think that it is a bit too heavy
The Tendlite contains 1 high-tech therapeutic medical grade LED bulb.
It is only needed for 1-minute treatments.
It is best for small area treatment and is very popular for the achievement of this goal. 5-year warranty for LED bulb, 1-year warranty of the whole device, and 60 days trial is what you will get when buying this device.
What are the pros and cons?
- It has the shortest treatment time in the market i.e. in only 1 minute.
- The device is also rechargeable
- It has a compact design and is lightweight, which makes it very portable.
- Users can choose different intensity settings according to the requirements.
- Stainless steel of high-quality is used in the manufacturing of this product.
- The device is expensive compared to other competitors
- It is best only for the treatment of the small area.
- Charging is needed for its operation.
Tendlite is not a device that is very affordable. However, it will be a great deal if you find it for anything less than a hundred.
DPL Flex Pad
This amazing Infrared Heat lamp has the following benefits:
- Perfect for skin treatment like anti-aging etc.
- It helps reduce wrinkles and sagging.
- An ideal choice for the skin brightening and to improve the skin tone.
- It is found to be very effective for the treatment of skin Infections, burns, acne, rashes, etc.
- The heat lamp relieves pain in sports injuries, muscle/joint pain, nerve pain, etc.
- It is very beneficial for wound healing, especially diabetic wounds.
What are the benefits of infrared light therapy treatments at home?
- Regular trips are needed to a dermatologist each time you need a treatment session. For this, you have to pay hundreds of dollars every time, which is not affordable for most people. So, it is the perfect choice to just stay at home and do your treatment on your own with a device you’ve already tested and purchased. This infrared light therapy at home not only saves you time but also a considerable amount of money.
- Additionally, you can always do it while having a relaxing time in front of a computer or TV. You can just lay down without thinking about the dress you wear while having this treatment at home.
- Yes, these home treatment devices are not as powerful, which is why treatments take some time to show results. You might need to spend just 15 minutes a day using a home treatment device. This time might be less than it would take for you to drive to the doctor.
- It might be boring to use creams for your skin for months or years with no evident benefits. This therapy also allows you to replace those creams with this treatment. In this way, you can save a considerable amount of money by not buying those creams again.
Safety Instructions – Why ready-made infrared lamp?
Intense heat is generated by these infrared lights. So, always use them with care. Finger marks, as well as scratches, can weaken the bulb while handling. That is why avoid splashing water on the lamp or banging the lamp around. It may cause to break the lamp. So, a ready-made infrared lamp is a great idea.
What is the cost of infrared light therapy at home?
You have already seen above that a wide variety of products are available in the market. However, a small and portable unit may cost from $50 and a deluxe home device would need around $800 which offers multiple color light therapy.
How can an Infrared Heat Lamp Be Used for Skin/Anti-Aging?
To treat unlimited skin and anti-aging problems, infrared therapy devices can safely be used on any part of your body. The conditions for using infrared light therapy devices are as follows:
- For Skin Renovation and Anti-Aging
- Just clamp the socket to a place where your body can easily be moved close to the lamp.
- Keep a distance of 12-22 inches from the device.
- Set a 5 minute time on the timer. Don’t treat one area of the skin for more than 6 minutes.
- For the protection of your eyes, the use of infrared blocking goggles is highly recommended.
- Do this treatment every 2-3 days. Give some time to your skin to rebuild itself and heal after each treatment.
- For Skin Problems like acne, burns, wounds, rashes, and infections
You will be happy to know that the infrared lamp can kill infections that are resistant to antibiotics and can also really speed up the wound healing process to a great extent. Just follow the instructions and treat skin problems with infrared light therapy.
How Quickly The Results Are Expected?
- You will notice a reduction in sagging and wrinkles after some time. Additionally, improved skin tone, as well as skin brightening, takes more time to become visible.
- Immediate pain relief is achieved when it comes to pain relief and regular treatment at home can also make it even better.
- After 2 weeks, the skin tone shows an improvement.
- Fine lines begin to disappear after about 2 to 6 weeks and you get smoother and softer skin.
- A considerable improvement is observed in fine lines and wrinkles after 4 months of treatment.
The information provided in this article will definitely be helpful for you.
However, it is always a good option to check with your dermatologist or doctor before trying something new for your skin improvement.
Serious conditions like arthritis, psoriasis, pain, or slow-healing wounds should first be checked and inspected by the specialist doctor. Just look at your requirements, compare the prices, and get the product of your choice to get ideal skin and perfect results.