- 1 Infrared heat lamp therapy: The ?magic lamp?
- 1.1 Health Benefits:
- 1.2 You can do ?DIY? also:
- 1.3 Some of the Infrared bulbs available online are:
- 1.3.1 How do you use Infrared lamps for Pain, Anti-aging or Skin?
- 1.3.2 Following are the ways for using this ?magic lamp? for various benefits:
- 1.3.3 For Skin Rejuvenation and anti-aging:
- 1.3.4 For Skin Problems:
- 1.3.5 How long will it take to actually feel any difference?
- 1.3.6 Side Effects and Warnings:
- 1.3.7 Never put the light on your face for more than 10 minutes.
- 1.3.8 Pregnant woman:
- 1.3.9 Children:
- 1.3.10 Heat sensitivity:
- 1.3.11 Interesting Health Posts!
Infrared heat lamp therapy: The ?magic lamp?
Consistent muscle pains can irritate anyone. It hampers with your lifestyle and makes you less effective.
Spa therapies work on such pains but they charge hefty fees and to take out time of your busy schedule to actually go to the spa when you can just sit at your home and treat your pain sounds exciting. Yes, it?s easy as that.
Infrared heat lamp therapy uses infrared radiations which are strong enough to penetrate the skin and treat inflammation, pain and has many other benefits. It is one of those biohacks which actually work and also has many additional benefits.
The bulbs which are often used in hotels and restaurants to keep the food warm can steal those aging lines. Also, unlike UV radiations and X-Rays which has the possibility of damaging the DNA, Infrared radiations are non-ionising radiation i.e.; it does not affect the DNA or its composition.
What is Infrared radiation?
It is a form of electromagnetic radiation which exists outside the visual spectrum, i.e., we can?t see it with our naked eyes. The name is based on the fact that it lies beyond the wavelength of red color. It is divided into three parts:
- Near Infrared (NIR) which ranges from 700 – 810 nm.
- Infrared (IR) which ranges from 810 – 3000 nm.
- Far Infrared (FIR) which ranges from 3000 ?100,000 nm.
Due to these many varieties of wavelengths, it has different kinds of uses and medical benefits.
It can penetrate human tissue as the range of wavelength which penetrates human tissue is between 690 and 900 nm. The setup uses a lamp which is designed to emit radiations.
These radiations are above 700 nm. The lamp can also be made to release radiations within specific ranges in the infrared spectrum but these lamps are expensive. It can be used for the whole body or for a specific part of the body depending on the issues.
What is Infrared heat lamp therapy?
It is a simple setup which mostly includes a bulb which radiates infrared radiation according to the need or can be generic. It is also very cheap and effective. Benefits are many and the setup cost is minimum.
These lamps emit light which is not visible to the naked eye which penetrated deep into your body. It goes all the way to your nerves, muscles, and bones. It feels like a gentle heat but penetration of the light is very effective.
While the cosmetic creams only work on the outside of your skin and the supplements which are taken work for your inner good self.
This works both on the interior and the exterior. It improves blood circulation, oxygenation, and hydration within one area. All that skin needs.
This increase in blood flow gets rid of the pain and helps in speeding up the recovery from injuries which may be on your tissue or skin.
Many bacteria, parasites, and even cancer cells are known to be not able to tolerate heat in comparison to our body cells. So, this kills those bacteria. It has detox like benefits without getting one!
How does it actually work?
The photoreceptors in the cells absorb this light. After the light is absorbed, this light energy helps in the process of starting a series of metabolic processes. This triggers many natural processes in the body which are good for the body.
The secret to Infrared light?s success may be nitric oxide. This gas is important for the wellbeing of the arteries. This molecule is the key to increase blood circulation and transport vital nutrients and oxygen to injured tissues within the body.
What is the list of benefits?
For those people who are concerned about the wrinkles when they age can definitely try this as it has got amazing powers to keep that skin taut and beautiful. It reduces the sagging in the skin and brightens the skin. So, chuck those creams out and get yourself a session of infrared heat lamp therapy relaxing in the comfort of your own home.
- It acts as your own personal masseuse by relieving you of all the pain in the muscles and the spasms in your muscles. The pain may be due to any sports injuries, joint pains or even nerve pains. This can also help you get rid of the issues of the pain in your spinal area.
- It can also act as a wound healer by healing any diabetic wounds or ulcers.
- It also treats skin infections which get more rampant during the rainy season, acne which are irritating for anyone, any kind of rashes, burns or even boils.
- It also helps with blood circulation.
- It helps in the release of the toxins. Helps in healing and also recovery after doing the workout session.?
- Helps in healing colds and flu fast as it kills viruses.
- It helps your nervous system calm down.
People who have used this therapy have reported many health benefits. Some of them observed that their infection or a deep wound healed very quickly in comparison to the normal rate.
Recurring Sinuses were also cured and stopped in the tracks itself. Bladder infections got cured. Nail funguses were killed rapidly. It also soothes any kinds of pulled muscles. Following conditions were treated after a few treatments itself:
- Healing of wounds
- Pain in the joint and strains in the muscle.
- Rashes on the skin, acne, and boils.
- Toothaches have also been reported to become better.
- Condition-related to eyes, ears, and sinuses.
The frequencies in this light help in the process of recovery.
The pain in the neck, shoulder, and knee respond very well to the lamp.
For ears, eyes, tooth, and sinuses:
These are ?damp areas? which are dark and tough to reach. They are breeding grounds for the bacteria leading to infections. Many people are totally unaware of the fact that they have low-level infections in these areas. The heat helps in killing the pathogens and hence it eliminates the need to take antibiotics beforehand itself.
Infections in the Bladder and Vagina:
Sometimes, treatment with the help of antibiotics and antifungals are not able to get rid of the recurring infection. The infrared bulb can penetrate these areas and kill the infections beforehand. Even before they create any problems.
For Young Children:
For an infant, the light can be shown on the abdomen for 10 minutes keeping the baby on your lap. Also, use caution and keep the baby at least 1.5-2 feet from the position of the bulb.
This can help with many digestion problems infants have like constipation, irritability, colic, etc.
For older children:
Blemishes or skin rashes may be treated with this. Teenagers usually face problems with acne which can be cleaned with this bulb.
This lamps can also be used on pets. For a general treatment of the infection which is surprisingly effective, shine the lamp towards the Thymus gland. Move the lamp as close as possible to the skin without leading to a burn. The thymus gland is at the same level as the breast bone. The gland produces the T-cells for the immune system. Repeat this treatment for 3-4 times a day.
You can do ?DIY? also:
Take a 250-watt reddish heat lamp. Also, avoid taking any halogen or clear lamps. The bulb can be any color ranging from yellowish to deep red shades.
Take a base, i.e., socket which can support the wattage. Fixtures which can support 250 Wattage. That?s it. You are good to go. But, follow small things like The heat from infrared light is high and can easily shatter the glass, if not used with care.
Scratches or marks of the fingers can make the bulb weak and instigate the shattering.
Some of the Infrared bulbs available online are:
- Infrared Heat Lamp adjustable heat with easy maneuver dial control, 110V.Adjustable “goose neck” & height
- Durable quiet timer clockwise up to 60 minutes, Covered Lamp as a plate for protection against heat
- Lowest Height: 43, Please place lamp and or bulb closer than 18 inches to surface area.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure to wear light clothing when using to prevent burns. DO NOT USE ON BARE SKIN. Please read the Warning Label on the Bulb Box before use and practice caution before , during and after use of bulb & lamp.
- Note: Please do not exert excessive force when inserting the bulb into the socket as the bulb may crack and shatter. DO NOT USE IF THERE IS A HAIRLINE CRACK ON THE BULB (hairline crack is located between thread and glass). DO NOT allow hot bulb to come in contact with liquid and or metal part of fixture as glass may shatter.
- TDP Heat Lamps with large head size as far-infrared heating lamp by the U.S. FDA.
- The heat produced by our Infrared heat lamp does not utilize high heating temperature, yet still allows excellent Infrared penetration through the skin.
- TDP works with coil heat and a mineral plate (no light bulb needed). The Mineral Plate (6.5" in diameter, life span of up to 1,500 hrs) emits Far Infrared Rays when heated.
- Please wait at least 10-20 minutes for heat. Typical treatment sessions should last a minimum of 40 min per area.
- 110V Detachable head - simply unplug the cord that connects the head and the main frame when replacing.
- PORTABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: Adjustable tilt angle for direct heating where you need it and portable with a cord winder. Start it simply by pressing the On/Off switch and choosing your time
- XXL TREATMENT SURFACE: The IL 50 lamp is perfect for treating large parts of the body. For an ideal outcome we recommend a treatment area of 11.8” x 15.7”. Keep at minimum 12” – 16” distance
- EFFECTIVE DEEP PENETRATION: IR light therapy provides better pain relief by penetrating even deep layers of the skin. It improves cardiovascular health (blood flow) treats inflammation and promotes cell repair
- BEURER SAFETY FEATURES: 100% UV-free, built-in timer (1-15 mins) and overheat protection; Material of the Underside: Soft, Breathable Cotton
- ACCESSORIES & SUPPORT INCLUDED: Comes with an AC-Adapter with a cord winder. And if you have any questions, our friendly Florida based team is always happy to help
Last update on 2021-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How do you use Infrared lamps for Pain, Anti-aging or Skin?
The first step is to buy the heat lamp and now you can easily use this lamp on any part of your body for treating many skin conditions and health.
Following are the ways for using this ?magic lamp? for various benefits:
For Pain Relief: Clamp the socket to any place where you can move your body in proximity to the lamp. At least sit 18 ? 24 inches from the location of the lamp.
- Use the lamp so that rays hit you on the side and not on the head.
- Use protection for your eyes like infrared goggles so that it can help you block infrared lights from going into your eyes.
- Allow the area to become hot as much as you are comfortable with.
- Keep moving your body slightly within gaps of time.
- Keep the usage of the bulb limited to 15-20 minutes per session.
- Also, keep these sessions limited to 3 per day. Overuse will not give you some extra soothing or benefits.
- Also, if you are using it on your head for sinuses, headache or for any other purpose, don?t keep it for more than 10 minutes per session.
- Also, keep an alarm clock or a timer beside you as the heat relaxes you so much you may simply sleep.
For Skin Rejuvenation and anti-aging:
- Follow the same first step as mentioned before.
- Set the gap between your body and the lamp for about 12 to 22 inches.
- Set the alarm clock for after 5 minutes or simply use a timer.
- Use googles which help you to block infrared light from falling into your eyes.
- Treat each of the skin areas for not more than 5-6 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment every 2-3 days.
- Keep this gap so that new collagen is formed.
For Skin Problems:
Lamp kills those infections also that are resistant or can?t be killed by antibiotics. It helps in healing the wound real quickly.
Also, follow the same steps as mentioned above.
How long will it take to actually feel any difference?
In case of pain relief, people start feeling the pain lessen in just one therapy which only gets better with the regular treatment at home.
The effects which are visible on your skin like the reduction of the wrinkles, reduction in sagging of the skin, improvement in skin tone, brightening of the skin takes more time.
Around 1-2 weeks you will begin to notice that your face has more glow and looks quite toned. Your skin will start looking healthier as well as well rested.
After around 2-6 weeks fine lines in your skin would disappear. Skin will become smoother and softer.
A huge difference can be detected after around 4 months in wrinkles.
Side Effects and Warnings:
Generally, it is safe and also sides effect free.
Slight redness may appear on the skin which is temporary and will vanish after a few hours.
The only danger that is there to it is if you keep your skin or eyes exposed to the light for too long.
When you are doing this therapy around your face, always wear infrared safety goggles for your eyes.
Never put the light on your face for more than 10 minutes.
To avoid getting your skin burnt always sit at a distance where heat will feel comfortable.
This light does not tan your skin.
If you have got an injury, avoid using the lamp on it for the first 24 hours, the lamp may lead to inflammation. But after
this 24 hour period, the lamp is excellent for most kinds of injuries.
Keep away those lotions, essential oils or any kind of cream before using the lamp. As the oil heats up and this may lead to a burn.
Don?t try to touch the lamp when it is hot as it may burn your skin and also it can crack up the bulb.
The lamp should be treated gently. If you screw the lamp too tightly then this may lead to bursting of the lamp as they are very fragile.
People who can?t use Full sauna therapy but can use Single infrared lamp:
Fetuses don?t have any mechanism in place to cool themselves. So, a single lamp should be used in these cases.
If the full sauna is given to children below 5 years of age it can lead to complications as they can?t regulate their temperature.
If someone is very sensitive to heat, they can use a single bulb as a full sauna heats every body part.
Also, cost wise a single lamp is much cheaper than the full-blown sauna.