- 1 Do lasers really regrow hair?
- 2 Are laser hair growth devices safe?
- 3 Does Capillus Cap really work?
- 4 Best Laser Hair Growth Device Reviews
- 5 A Step by Step Guide to Using Your New Laser Hair Growth Device
- 6 Conclusion
Do lasers really regrow hair?
Low-Level Laser Therapy Helps Fight Hair Loss
Before we delve into the Best Laser hair growth devices, let me explain first on how this amazing infrared red light therapy technology works.
One of the most overlooked treatments for treating hair loss and baldness is low-level laser therapy.
- This is one of the fastest growing treatment methods for preventing and reversing hair loss.
- In most cases, this treatment is not costly, but can still offer significant benefits to the patient.
- This treatment can help you increase your overall self esteem and self confidence.Once the follicle is over-exposed to the lights that are emitted from the low-level laser, it will begin to die off.
- The entire process takes a few minutes and will give you a beautiful head of hair within the first few sessions.
- The length of time that you take to see results depends on the patient, and the type of low-level laser therapy that you use.
Even though low-level laser therapy for hair loss can be expensive, it is the best way to slow down and prevent the progression of hair loss.
You can learn more about the use of low-level laser therapy for hair loss from this research that was conducted.
Study One :
There was a study done on 2013, 24 male patients were treated and observed and used for a duration for 6 months using the HairMax Laser Comb with the infrared wavelength of 650nm to 780nm deep penetrating infrared light.
The results of the study,
Following 14 weeks of treatment, increase in hair density on both the vertex (145.1/cm2 vs. 137.3/cm2 pre-treatment, P < 0.005) and occiput (163.3/cm2 vs. 153.3/cm2, P < 0.005) as well as anogen/telogen ratio (vertex: 84.7 vs. 79.7 pre-treatment and occiput: 91.9 vs. 89.6 pre-treatment) was observed, and 83% of the patients reported to be satisfied with the treatment Scientific Research:
Low?level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) for treatment of hair lossPinar Avci MD Gaurav K. Gupta MD, PhD Jason Clark MD Norbert Wikonkal MD, PhD Michael R. Hamblin PhD
Study Two :
The 2014 study of 41 males ages 18 to 48 was conducted to determine if there was a noticeable increase in the amount of hair re-growth after a specific laser hair treatment. These men were randomly assigned to three treatments in random order. Each person received four treatments, one per week for an eight week period. The subjects’ hair was assessed at each visit with the use of a specially designed photographic system. In each case, subjects reported having a significant increase in the amount of hair that was on their head when they returned to the clinic. The following are the three major conclusions to be derived from this study:
Here is the Detailed Data on the study made:
A transition zone scalp site was selected; hairs were trimmed to 3 mm height; the area was tattooed and photographed. The active group received a “TOPHAT655” unit containing 21, 5 mW lasers (655 ? 5 nm), and 30 LEDS (655 ? 20 nm), in a bicycle-helmet like apparatus. The placebo group unit appeared identical, containing incandescent red lights. Patients treated at home every other day ? 16 weeks (60 treatments, 67.3 J/cm(2) irradiance/25 minute treatment), with follow up and photography at 16 weeks. A masked 2.85 cm(2) photographic area was evaluated by another blinded investigator. The primary endpoint was the percent increase in hair counts from baseline.
The study reveals that men who received a long wavelength, central thermal infrared laser treatment had a greater hair re-growth than those who received a short wavelength, peripheral laser treatment. Men who received laser treatment with the potential to penetrate the hair follicle for greater length had a greater increase in hair growth than those who received only the peripheral treatment. For example, the men who received the short wavelength treatment only saw an increase in hair re-growth. Those who received the longer wavelength laser treatment saw an increase in hair re-growth by about forty percent. In all cases, it was not only the increased thickness or length of the hair that caused the larger re-growth of hair on the treated areas, but also the ability of the laser to penetrate the deeper layers of the hair.
The growth of human scalp hair mediated by visible red light laser and LED sources in males.Lanzafame RJ1, Blanche RR, Bodian AB, Chiacchierini RP, Fernandez-Obregon A, Kazmirek ER.
Are laser hair growth devices safe?
There is very much science behind the use of Low-level laser to stimulate hair growth. A great deal of research has been conducted in this arena to find out the true cause and effects of low-level laser therapy on the human body. Through this kind of technology, a person can have rejuvenated hair and beautiful skin.
The devices used are using 660nm to 850nm LED red light which is basically just lights that do not emit heat or cause any side effects. They are all safe to use.
Does Capillus Cap really work?
According to Capillus claims that its low-level laser caps can effectively reverse hair loss and can stimulate the growth of new hair.
According to the FDA, laser therapy is classified as an “off-label” use of lasers for therapeutic purposes.
It is approved by the FDA Cleared for this purpose.
However, there are several clinical studies conducted using lasers to stimulate hair growth in patients with Alopecia Areata and similar hair loss conditions.
- According to the Cosmetics Ingredient Review (CIR) of Capillus, its laser caps can effectively cure baldness by stimulating hair follicles to re-grow.
- This product claims that the laser eliminates DHT that is a major cause of hair loss.
- According to the CIR, the device works on all types of hair, including non-HIPAA, medical, thinning, and male pattern baldness.
- The device is said to be particularly effective on people with alopecia.
- Capillus claim that its low-level laser caps can effectively reverse hair loss in about 75% of people who use the device. Based on the three major clinical studies, Capillus claims that its low-level laser caps can effectively stimulate hair growth in more than 99% of the tested participants. So far, so good.
New clinical trial proves low level laser therapy (LLLT) devices effective in treating male and female pattern hair loss. These devices are now available to South Florida residents at Hair Transplant Institute of Miami.
Miami, FL (PRWEB) February 27, 2014
Best Laser Hair Growth Device Reviews
NutraStim Professional Hair Growth Laser Review
The NutraStim Professional Hair Growth Laser Comb Review is written by a consumer. It is not unbiased, but it is based on the honest review of a NutraStim professional hair growth and laser treatment.
The company has been around for over 20 years and has recently developed their best product ever. It claims to improve the rate of hair growth by up to 50%, while at the same time diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They also claim that the hair will look thicker and stronger than it ever has before. This company is one of the top hair loss treatment products in the market today.
- 12 Strong Infrared LED which can penetrate deep into hair follicle
- Flexibility to move it where needed most
- FDA Cleared Device
- Usage of 8 minutes per session, 3 times a week for about 4 months to see results
- Some people see results in 6 months at most
- Can be used as a maintenance
Cons : Timer’s Beep is loud and no adjustment
Theradome Review – The Pros and Cons of the Laser Hair Growth Treatment
Theradome PRO LH80 laser hair growth treatment is one of the many products available in the market that promises to provide a great growth for your hair.
You may also be wondering why the Theradome PRO LH80 laser hair growth treatment is as long lasting as it is.
This is because of the fact that they use the high intensity of the light to get the hairs to grow long.
Besides that, the human hair cell that produces melanin are also stimulated.
This is a natural effect that is induced by the use of a laser.
Some people do not like the idea of having to have a laser treatment done because they believe that the hair follicles are in the follicle and it can just be wiped off.
But, once you read the Theradome review, you’ll see that what it does is stimulate the cells and this is exactly what happens.
- Recommended by Bosley and HairClub woks in conjunction with regrowth serum
- Awards in magazines and news
- Duration effectivity is 6 months
- FDA Cleared Device
- Great for thinning hair
- Easy and uniform laser treatment with 80 Infrared LEDs
- Usage is just twice a week for 20 minutes
- Foam within the helmet for comfort
- Speakers for Music
- Cooling System
- Annoying sound when it is about to shutdown
Capillus82 Mobile Laser Therapy Cap for Hair Regrowth
It has 82 Infrared laser LED light on the inside of the cap. This is also FDA cleared. The great thing about this is that it is very lightweight and does not look strange when using it at work, office and travelling.
This is a very comfortable device since it is very soft and it does not feel like you are wearing infrared lights underneath.
When you are going out for a walk in the park, shopping, grocery or movie, it is extremely convenient. No one knows that you are wearing a laser hair growth device!
The cons is that there are no controls.
It works for 6 minutes and shuts off by itself.
- Great for travelling since it comes with an international adaptor.
- A lot of customers are saying that this device takes a little bit longer as compared to other products out there, but it still works.
- A duration of at least 6 months to see results.
- But since it is easy and convenient to carry it around, some people do not mind wearing this especially if you are the type of person who is on the go all the time.
- Simply charge it overnight and use it when going to work.
- Great simple device, a real plug and play device.
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
When looking at the IRestore Hair Growth System, it’s important to realize that this is not the new or improved method to do hair loss.
It is simply a treatment for patients that want to regrow hair. In this review, we are going to talk about what the system can do for you.
In the end, you will see that the advantages of the treatment far outweigh any of the disadvantages.
The reason that I love the IRestore is because it does not cost any more than other methods out there.
It uses lasers to regrow hair, which are not only safe but have been shown to increase hair growth in all ages and races.
Unlike surgery, you can use the laser treatments multiple times without problems or scarring.
- You have the option of using the treatment right now or moving forward to the future when your hair problems may be less pressing.
- The treatment works by using a specific laser technology.
- The patient has the ability to control the amount of treatment that they receive.
- Most people opt to move forward to the future and get additional treatments at the rate that their hair loss has become more intense.
- This device is a hands free laser hair growth device which is also FDA Cleared.
- This helmet is very convenient and recommeded to use it at home or work.
- This helmet has 5 pads to keep the weight evenly distributed and comfortable.
- Comes with a time display and option to stop it.
In just 16 weeks a lot of people says that there are results.
LaserBand 82 Review – HairMax Laser Band 82 Review
For anyone that wants to have the best chance at hair growth, the LaserBand 82 may be the perfect hair-growing product.
This product was designed to help people who want to grow their hair faster.
It is not a cure for baldness, but it can help with hair growth.
When people first use this product, they may experience some short-term side effects, such as itching, redness, and flaking.
However, after using the product for a while, many people notice that their hair grows more slowly than before.
This review will discuss the different features of the product and some of the major reasons why you may not want to use it.
- First, the product offers three different laser treatments that work to stimulate the growth of hair.
- The first treatment is a single laser beam that is used to increase the length of the hair.
- The second treatment is used to control the regrowth of hair in thinning areas.
- Finally, the third treatment is used to stimulate hair growth on top of the head, improving texture and volume.
- The laser Band 82 works in two ways to help people to grow more hair.
In this review, I will explain some of the benefits of the product and give you an honest review of it.
I am a man that has suffered from hair loss since I was a teenager.
I am not sure how much longer I will be able to continue to fight my loss of hair, but I wanted to find a treatment that could give me the results I wanted.
After reviewing the LaserBand 82 and trying it for about six months, I am very happy with the results and I highly recommend this product to anyone that wants to grow more hair and keep it.
- This device contains 82 Infrared laser diodes
- It runs for 30 seconds
- This device can be moved where you needed most, lets say in forehead
- 7 FDA Clearances device and 14 licenses for using as a medical device
- This device has teeth on it, this is to ensure that it grips to the hair follicles for optimum infrared light therapy
- It may not be very comfortable but its only 30 seconds
- This device works great for thickening of existing hair
- Usage is 90 seconds of 3 times a week
- 6 Months again is the time frame for you to see results
A Step by Step Guide to Using Your New Laser Hair Growth Device
Looking for a step by step guide to using your new laser hair growth device? This short article will give you a few pointers that can help make your laser hair growth experience easy and successful.
One of the first things you will want to do when looking for a step by step guide to using your new laser hair growth device is to determine exactly what you need.
There are several different kinds of laser hair removal devices on the market, some of which are designed to treat very specific types of hair growth and others which can be used to treat all types of hair growth.
- The first step in your journey towards using your new device is to find the model of the laser you are most comfortable with.
- Most models have three basic settings: low intensity, medium intensity, and high intensity.
- Depending on the type of hair you have and the level of pain you want to experience, you may need to experiment with these settings until you find the one that works best for you.
- The next step in your journey to using your new device is to decide how much time you want to spend on each step.
When you are first getting started with this process, you can generally start at low intensity settings and work your way up to higher settings as you achieve more hair growth.
Once you feel comfortable with your settings, you can move to higher intensity settings.
Remember, though, that after a certain point in time, your device will be unable to maintain the higher settings on your own, so it is always best to talk to a technician to determine how much time is needed.
- The next step in your journey to using your new device is to decide how deep the treatment needs to be.
- How deeply you need to go depends entirely on the type of hair you have.
- If you are trying to treat light hair growth, a mild setting will work well; if you are treating darker hair growth, a deeper setting may be necessary.
- Usually, a lower setting will suffice for light hair growth, but if you have darker hair, it may be necessary to use a slightly higher setting.
- The next step in your journey to using your new device is to decide how long the treatment will take.
As mentioned above, the procedure takes anywhere from the following laser hair growth treatment data according to the manufacturer, depending on the type of hair growth and treatment you are doing. It is a good idea to determine how long your treatment will take before you actually schedule it.
Data Table on Usage Times
- LaserBand 82 30 seconds per session, 3 sessions, 3 times a week
- iRestore 8 minutes per session, 3 sessions, 3 times a week
- Capillus 82 6 minutes per session, 3 sessions, 3 times a week
- Theradome 20 minutes per session, 2 times a week
- Nutrastim 8 minutes per session, 3 times a week
The final step in your journey to using your new device is that you have a receipt so that you will be able to get a refund if your device does not work for any reason. The receipt is usually included with your purchase of the device.
The last step in your journey to using your new device is to have fun. Treating your hair with laser can be a fun and exciting experience.
With a little bit of patience and good diet and regular exercise, you will find that you can grow your hair with laser without having to pay a fortune in trips to a professional hair clinic which can cost you an arm and a leg!
I did not review numerous laser hair growth device out there since the companies that I have mentioned goes extra mile to ensure that there product works and backed up by clinical trials and scientific research.
Personally i like the Theradome since 20 minutes will ensure that you receive lots of infrared light therapy that goes deep into your hair follicles for the much needed blood circulation for a thicker hair.
But if im the type of guy who is always on the go then the Capillus82 works wonders. If you wanted just to treat specific are on your scalp then the Laserband 82 is best.